Find Out More About PK Kiteboarding
Kiteboarding School in Premier location.
Progress Kitesurf is located in the best place on the beach just at the beginning of the kiteboarding teaching area and still in Cabarete Center.
Progress Kitesurf provides kiteboarding lessons ranging from absolute beginner with no previous experience to advanced level riders and expert.
Check our Training
The lessons are structured in 3 parts with 2 main steps in your kite training – first on the sand and then in the water.
Kitesurfing sessions are 2 or 3 hours.
This kitesurfing lesson is the first step to accelerate your learning curve and stay safe. This begins by using a beginners trainer kite, this will help you to learn the basics of kite handling. It is important to practice flying the trainer kite until confidently able to pilot around the wind window, hover the kite, steer it right and left, followed by launching and landing the kite appropriately. It is a key skill for your progression.
Lesson 2 concentrates on water action. This kitesurfing lesson allows you to experience the true power of the kite. This helps enable your technique, creating a better balance in the water. This will require learning how to pilot the kite without using the board.
This day will start with beach theory which will communicate the requirements needed to know how to make a safe water start. When first attempting a water start it is common for most students to struggle but with continuous practice you will achieve it. Even people with sporting experience can sometimes struggle to coordinate all of the movements but once put to practice you will be successful.
Kitesurfing Learning Stages
Our Kite Learning Steps
The challenge to learning kiteboarding is that it requires the overlap of important conditions such as appropriate weather, the right level of personalized instruction, a safe location and good kiteboarding equipment. We have put together our organization with these challenges in mind so that your experience will be as enjoyable as possible.
- Set up the kite
- Determine the wind direction upwind and downwind.
- Fly a small kite on the wind window edge.
- Fly the small kite in the power area without crashing it.
- Position the kite on request from 9 to 3 o’clock on the wind window edge.
- Pilot hooked to the harness with one hand.
- Relaunch the kite from the water.
- Go away from the shore (with side-shore and side-on-shore wind) while body dragging.
- Perform a downwind course by body dragging and using the power of the kite.
- Come back to the shore using the power of the kite.
- Water start theory.
- Water start simulation on beach.
- Stand up on the board.
- Short rides.
- Down Wind Rides
- Edging the Board
- Short Up wind Rides
- One Hand on the Bar